2019 MacKissic SC185E
The Mighty Mac® SC185 by MacKissic is a brute of a shredder-chipper, and that is why it is nicknamed the "Brute." The Brute has a proven history of quality and performance. First produced in 1989 the SC180 was powered by a 14 horsepower Briggs and Stratton Vanguard engine. Since then the Brute has gone through four model upgrades to today's SC185 powered by Briggs and Stratton XR2100 professional series engine.
The Brute features a highway towable trailer for easy maneuverability. The shredder has 48 free-swinging hammers which produce over 114,350 hits a minute, pulverizing just about any organic material. The hammers can be reversed four times, each time providing a new cutting surface. The chipper has one resharpenable knife. The knife can be easily reached by removing the access cover. The SC185 has a two groove centrifugal heavy duty clutch for easy starting. Once the clutch engages, the machine is powered with a belt drive. Unlike direct drive machines, the centrifugal clutch allows the the engine to disengage when stressed under a heavy load. This allows the engine to gain RPMs faster and more efficiently pulverize the material.
- Engine: Briggs and Stratton XR2100
- Engine CC's: 420cc
- Knife Speed: 99
- Chipper Capacity: 4-1/2 in.
- Chipping Hits/Minute: 2382
- Chipper Hopper Opening: 13 in. x 9 in.
- Chipper Hopper Throat: 4-3/4 in. x 5 in.
- Flywheel Size: 14 in. x 3/4 in.
- Flywheel/Rotor Weight (lbs.): 71 lb.
- Shredder Capacity: 1-1/2 in.
- Hammers: 48
- Shredder Hits/Minute: 114,336
- Shredder Hopper Opening: 20 in. x 17-3/4 in.
- Shredder Hopper Throat: 13-1/4 in. x 7 in.
- Rotor Weight (lbs.): 39 lb.
- Start: Electric
- Transport: Highway towable
- Weight (lbs.): 700 lb.
- Storage Space (L x Wheelbase x H): 86 in. x 53 in. x 50 in.
- Machine Warranty: 2 yrs. consumer, 90 day commercial
- Engine Warranty: 3 yrs. consumer, 3 yrs. commercial
- Engine Manufacturer
- Briggs & Stratton
- Engine Type
- Chipping Capacity
- 4-1/2 in.